A bird feeder in Russia (live webcam, winter only)

Chat about your favourite birds, pets or animals in the wild.
225 posts Page 14 of 23
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

Wonder what the note pinned to the door says! Can't zoom in enough to read it ... not that I'd be able to understand! :scratch:
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

The note seems to have appeared around February 12th. Maybe telling people to keep the door shut.....who knows?
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

I meant the extra note that appeared in your screenshots from yesterday, RB ~ HERE.

It's still there in my first 2 screenshots below, before I saw somebody read it, then remove it!

The temperature remained above freezing. I didn't see a lot of visits to the feeders, but they are steadily 'shrinking'.

RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Ohhhhh, Van, now I see what you mean. I bet that note was left for her.

Above freezing still....the usual birds...our great and blue tits and a bullfinch.

RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Way above freezing today....4.7 C when I signed on at about 15:00 plus. Puddles here and there and snow melt. It looks like the area on the left that appeared to be a large mound of snow plowed, might be a little hill with grass and rocks that are starting to show through. Saw great tits and a blue tit today, but not my token bullfinch. Little human activity, but it is Sunday.

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Having thawed out, the suet cakes will have been easier to eat these past few days :eat: :-)
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

I was tired last night and lost some of my screenshots - but it was very dull. There was a female Bullfinch and the usual Great Tits. That fat cake on the left was a lot bigger when I last saw it though. Hope there will be replacements soon, and some bird seed!
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

It was a little above freezing, and snowed for a while. I saw all the usual birds.

The fat feeder on the left is now gone.

Sadly, there is nothing left for the birds now - the last of the fat has gone. Birds are still coming to check it out!

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Just come from there now, sad to watch ... I wonder if the last bit just came away from the hanger and dropped down
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Food all gone...birdie tit came to check it out. Also saw snowplow for the first time....

225 posts Page 14 of 23