A bird feeder in Russia (live webcam, winter only)

Chat about your favourite birds, pets or animals in the wild.
225 posts Page 19 of 23
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

There was quite a lot of activity around the shrinking feeder today. I saw mainly Bullfinches and Tits - often mixed groups - up to three at a time clinging to that tiny piece of fat. I do hope there will be more put out soon.

Three species here!

A Bluetit with the Great Tits, and below with a Bullfinch.

This dark headed bird (also in 3rd screenshot above) might be a Redpoll/Siskin we saw previously.

As the temperature rose above freezing it started to look very wet and slushy.
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Almost 5 C when I signed on. People walking around without coats. Saw groups of bluefinches come,
but they have trouble grabbing on to the shrinking suet block. Also some tits here and there

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Some really lovely shots there, again RB and Van :grin: :clap: :clap: :clap:
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

It's so disappointing to see that these feeders are not replenished. The fat feeder saw a lot of visits yesterday and I saw lots of birds flying around and attempting to land, but I've seen very few today. :( And the seed feeder has only been filled once.

I saw both Tit varieties:

I thought it amusing to see this couple 'encaged' in the netting of the empty fat feeder:

It was 4.3 C when I signed off - things are definitely melting!
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

Grrrr :nono: - this timeout on editing is very annoying - even though I had the edit symbol showing, I was informed I could no longer edit the post when I attemted to add something. So ....
Here is the screenshot to go with my last post!

RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

No food left for the hungry birdies. Warmed up to between 5-6 C when I signed on with lots of snow melt. Mommy pushing baby stroller.

I think the Edit thing must time out after a short time.

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Snowing again now - 3.31pm cam time; feeder remains unreplenished
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Snowing and blowing like crazy and barely above freezing. No food for the birdies and no birdies.

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Darkness falls
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

Joii - nice capture - reminds me of those early days watching this cam when the birds would arrive in the dark (except this was evening and there is no food for the birds). :(

Frankly I don't understand why there is no food for the birds - ironically it is referred to on the site as the feeder which it certainly is not! It is sad to see birds flying by or even landing on this empty feeder - and I don't understand why the camera is still streaming.

225 posts Page 19 of 23