A bird feeder in Russia (live webcam, winter only)

Chat about your favourite birds, pets or animals in the wild.
230 posts Page 23 of 23
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

I was curious to see whether this cam was back on line. Sadly, this is what I found:

It really is too bad - I was not expecting this to happen in this way. I had really been enjoying this site. I do wish the host had been more communicative.
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

December 10th, 2016, 7:49 pmbrigadier wrote:
No, I don't stream all year, only when there is a snow on the ground. Other times, there is a lot of food for birds in a forest, so we don't feed them. So, the feeder and the stream work starting at November and until March, maybe first half of April.

On 22nd of December, I think, it will be a light at an interval of 08:00-15:00 local time. I mean "not fully dark". For birds, probably, it will be a little shorter time, such as 08:15-14:45. Our time zone is GMT+3 (3 hours ahead of UTC).
I think it's just gone off for its usual break, Van.

It does say it streams from November to March, maybe first half of April.
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

It might be a bit arduous/time consuming to post in English very often .
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I am at least glad that the "certificate warning" is gone; at least that has been taken care of, most likely a registering of domain. Now we know that it will come back again. I really do wish we could have seen more of the snow melt and the different birds migrating through. I had sent 2 PM's to Brigadier that were never accessed asking for more information about their feeder and the birds that visit and for photos of what the area looks like in the summer without snow. So, until next November folks...let us not forget. ;)
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Yes, I thought it was just the yearly fee, RB.

Perhaps the Brigadier will post a 'snow gone' photo for us :D
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

I think the cam is back on - I'm sure I saw a bluetit moving but I can't yet get the feed to stay on my phone - they've changed over the wotsits, it says lol
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Hmm :rolleyes: it would be dark there now, wouldn't it :doh: LOL
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

I checked earlier, when it would have been daylight there (after midnight here, last night) and still got the same picture and message that I posted above, when it went off line. I'm not sure whether it maybe needs flash to stream ... but my guess is that it's not up and running yet.

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

The picture I get has a turquoise arrow in the middle and bottom left.
There are four different links to try to get this as they've changed their wotsits for android users :D
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

I think they are getting it primed to start soon. Early morning here I got the still picture without the X and other stuff. Later on in the day the X and other infor mentioned by others was back...so coming soon I would guess...would like to see a summer picture of the area. I sent a PM to Brigadier months ago, but it was never accessed. :scratch:
230 posts Page 23 of 23