A bird feeder in Russia (live webcam, winter only)

Chat about your favourite birds, pets or animals in the wild.
225 posts Page 10 of 23
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

This cam usually starts streaming at 7:30 am local time, but was already streaming when I checked in at 7:15 am (8:15 pm my time), so your guess was right, RB. The sunrise was very bright - looks like it will be a sunny day, for a change!

The first Tit arrival was a bit later, around the usual time that I see them.

I was glad that the suet didn't break when any of the birds landed on it - it looks very precarious!

It was great to see the sun shining on the snow. If you look closely you can see a large bird on the ground (a crow?)

A Bluetit on the feeder.

RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Slim pickings now. Left suet ball no longer a croissant and almost gone. Windy but sunny. Few birds...a tit here and there.Cam is now streaming one hour later than it was until about 1700 their time. Activity picking up after school. Notice light coming on in last pic.

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Interesting shots, Van and RB :-) Crescent Watch, the sunrise and darkness falling, the dogs, cat, the crow and all the other two-leggeds - brilliant :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lovely bullfinch shot, Van :yahoo:
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

The cam is now streaming at 7 am, and as it is a weekend there was not as much early morning human activity

The birds appeared early, although there was little left of the feeders, and still no seeds. :(

It was windy and it snowed for a while but the Tits kept coming.

RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

OK...if it is now starting streaming at 7am their time, then sometimes I might get a peek if I go to bed after 11 pm my time.

It streamed here until it stopped about 5 pm their time and 9 am my time.

The left suet ball is now completely gone, and the right one is going. Birds here and there and very little activity on the weekend.

vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

Birds are still coming to the feeder, although there's almost nothing left. :( I hope there will be fresh fat and seeds soon.

The morning temperature fluctuated, going from -3.7C to - 4.8C; it was very dark and stormy for much of the time, with the occasional brief sunny spell, then heavy snowfall. There were few people about. A cat sauntered by (on one of the screenshots below). Tits visited occasionally - then a Bullfinch landed on the perch by the seeds!

RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Slimmer pickings today. Birds flying in now and then and getting what they can. Not much activity on a Sunday afternoon. Kids playing on the snowbank. I bet these folks are ready for spring and summer.

vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

The fat/suet balls were replaced today, which was a relief.

Tits (of both species) came to the feeders, but I didn't see the elusive Bullfinches.

It is starting to 'warm up' today - the temp was +1.9 when I signed off!

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Hurrah! for the bullfinch, the cat and the children climbing the snow mountain :yahoo: and hurrah! for the new fat cakes and the above freezing temperatures :yahoo:

Lovely screen shots, Van and RB :good:

Sometimes I think I see a bullfinch but it's the bits of fruit in the fat cakes lol
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Temp above freezing at 1.5C / 35F as it gets toward sunset there. Suet balls replaced with more birdie visitors than when they were shrinking. I am still only seeing great tits and a few blue ones live. People must be happy to see the temp above freezing finally. :yahoo:

225 posts Page 10 of 23