A Birdfeeder in Czechoslovakia

Chat about your favourite birds, pets or animals in the wild.
36 posts Page 2 of 4
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

The second bird is a jay, RB :D

I think I got that exact same shot with the deer :D
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Joi...that would have been my guess...looks similar to our jays here
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

More pics from the Slovakia feeders.....Great Tits, also saw blue tits, jays, and woodpeckers.Image

joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Great shots, RB :yahoo:

So funny..the last one hahaha :D

There was a crowd of greenfinches earlier today.

Earlier still, the cam was black and white; it seemed too late to still be on night vision.
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

I finally took a look at this cam last night!

First birds I saw were the jay and woodpecker (Syrian woodpecker?)

http://birdingeasterneurope.blogspot.ca ... ecker.html

I also saw many great tits, some blue tits and the finches.

I believe the smaller tits (black and white) are coal tits? (They look so much like our chickadees.)

These birds didn't linger on the feeder - there was a lot of flitting on and off - hard to get screenshots, so I just sat back and watched. :D
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Yes, Van, coal tits or black caps. It's curious that the tits do that: fly in, take one seed, fly away to eat it in hiding then repeat.

It must take more energy flying back and forth than the seed is worth.

I suppose they feel vulnerable staying out in the open but other birds, like the goldfinch, stay at feeders munching away :)
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

The woodpeckers I've seen so far are great spotted woodpeckers.
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

That is very interesting, joii - I just did a search (last night) for a black and white woodpecker and found the Syrian - didn't even get as far as the Great Spotted! I gather it is very hard to tell them apart, and both would be in that area, I think. I saw both male and female of whichever one it is (red on head).
"The woodpecker is 23 cm long, and is very similar to the great spotted woodpecker, Dendrocopos major...

...It is much harder to distinguish Syrian woodpecker from great spotted woodpecker. Syrian has a longer bill, has more white on the head, and lacks the white tail barring of great spotted."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_woodpecker
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Bird Feeder in Makov
Views: 858 142

In this online transmission, during the winter, like in previous years, you can watch the bird feeder from the Makov Rescue Station.

The Makov Animal Rescue Station is located near Písek and has been operating since 1993. The station annually receives about 300 injured, sick, depleted, unexploited or otherwise handicapped wildlife.

The station is equipped with 35 aviaries on an area of ​​4000m 2 . At present there are about 100 animals. Wild boar, white storks, big geese, swan or different ducks can be seen on the webcam.

The operator of the station is ČSOP Makov, headed by Mr. Libor Šejna, as a hayman. In addition to animal care, educational programs for schools and the public are also staged at the station, with more than 6,000 people per year. The camera at the feeder has been in operation for seven years now - we have now made it easy for Slow TV to adjust and deliver a night shadow.

Observation game: We create a gallery of animals
During the transfer, we compile another gallery of animals that appear in the stream, and you can now see it in the right box under the ON-LINE REPORT.

Do you want to own a feeder? Several tips from Makov
If you want to set up your own feeder and watch the birds during the winter, Mr. Šejna of Makov recommends the following:

The right menu: inspiration from our broadcast! Sunflowers, nuts, corn, berries, grains are tasty to birds. Never feed with wet or moldy pastry.
The feeder is to be roofed: in our broadcasting from Makova we can not see that there is a plexiglass roof over the blanket so the feed is not wetted. Always cover the feeders with a roof.
Clean the area under the feed: always remove the discarded skin and clutter under the feeder to prevent the disease from spreading and spreading. In Mac every week, the land is disinfected under the feeder.
Bird species that you can see on the transmission from Makova

pheasant grasshopper, pink-eyed grasshopper, grasshopper, grasshopper, grasshopper, thistle-thruster, turf dove, broadleaf, wild duck, hawthorn, blackbird, sparrow, , Common Pheasant, Common Kestrel, Common Pheasant, Common Jellyfish, Common Pheasant, Small Spotted Woodpecker, Middle Spotted Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Common Woodpecker, Common Woodpecker, Great Woodpecker, wild heron, white heron, white squirrel, domestic sparrow, field sparrow, bell green, bellflower garden, dwarf gray, jellyfish green. In addition to the feeders the otters are big.

Permanent inhabitants of Makov:

white stork, black stork, big goose, big swan, roe deer.

Support the Makov Animal Rescue Station
If you like slow TV with Makova, you can support the activity of the station in the form of a donor SMS. Learn morewww.makov.cz
joiibear
400 posts!
400 posts!

Technological solution
For this direct broadcast, we use a special streamer kit with the Axis Q1615 camera , made by CamStreamer experts. The CamStreamer 2.0 streaming application running inside the camera provides broadcasting directly to the Playtvak.cz server.
36 posts Page 2 of 4