New Chat Format

Backyard GALAH Cam announcements
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Rick
Founder
Founder

I know most of you have noticed that the chat box looks a lot different. Last night (Australia time) I had to update it to a newer version as a lot of people were reporting their browsers and sometimes their whole computers were being crashed by the older version. I have installed the newer version with the hope the problem will go away.

The side effect to installing the newer version of the chat box is that it now loads posts from the bottom upwards. A few have said they prefer this way as it feels more natural.

We have a benefit though. Now posting smilies is a lot easier, clicking the smilies button now shows a list of smilies but at the end is a link that opens a pop up where you can see and click on all of our available smilies for use in the chat. I know many of you wanted this a while ago!

Please Note: Since installing this chat involved changing files some of you may have issues with the chat not functioning correctly and you will have to clear your browsers cache for it to work properly!

Please let us know of any problems you have with the newer chat version so that we can help you!

Thank you,

Rick
NannyMac
200 posts!
200 posts!

As usual Rick, you are THE Man. Well done and once again, thanks for all the work you do.

Regards,
Liz :nm:
NannyMac
200 posts!
200 posts!

One question please Rick, on the extra pages for Smilies, is it possible to change the colour of the page numbers eg. 1,2,3, next -----currently the dark font colour on the dark background is impossible to see. Thanks again.
Liz/NannyMac
AussieAl
Administrator
Administrator

If you lived in Oz, Rick, I would nominate you for "Australian of the Year".Image Image :superman:

You do a GREAT job!
Al. :al:

P.S. How much is Peachey paying you again?
Rick
Founder
Founder

NannyMac wrote:
One question please Rick, on the extra pages for Smilies, is it possible to change the colour of the page numbers eg. 1,2,3, next -----currently the dark font colour on the dark background is impossible to see. Thanks again.
Liz/NannyMac
I will look into it but I really am not sure!
AussieAl wrote:
If you lived in Oz, Rick, I would nominate you for "Australian of the Year".Image Image :superman:

You do a GREAT job!
Al. :al:

P.S. How much is Peachey paying you again?
1 sunflower seed and 25 grains per day! ;)
Kezza
Contributor
Contributor

Well done Rick....I for one like the new version.......Much clearer on the old eyes!!
tiellover
Contributor
Contributor

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Rick! And you even put the clock back in its old convenient place! I second Nanny's request for a color change for the page numbers for the smilies.

You do realize, of course, that now I have to go back and edit the tutorials to reflect the changes. Making more work for me? :rules: lol
AussieAl
Administrator
Administrator

You can do it, :galah: mom.
All you do is sit around and play with computers all day.

Al :al:

Image :cheeky: Image :cheeky: Image
tiellover
Contributor
Contributor

Boy does it pain me to prove Al right Image, but I just updated the Smilies tutorial. You are done making changes, Rick, right??? :club2:
AussieAl
Administrator
Administrator

BYGC "Member of the Year" for you :galah: mom.

It gives me great pleasure to present you with...............

Seriously, though, you do a great job.
Al. :friends:
13 posts Page 1 of 2