Baked French Eggs

Share Recipé's and talk about cooking in here!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
PSJFL

Baked French Eggs

Don't you just hate it when you have a house full of guests, and you can only cook 3 eggs at a time to serve them? This is the perfect solution for you...this is my take on an old French technique of cooking eggs in the oven. It's surprisingly simple and you can make as many as you like at one time. There are many recipes for special breakfast bowls and tarts, and by the way, I love those too! But, this is an easy way to make several eggs at one time to accompany any of your favorite breakfast sides. And, the best part is, everyone gets to eat at the same time!

You'll need:
12 large eggs [any amount will work]
8 oz grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3-1/2 cup of heavy cream [more or less depending on how many eggs you're making]
salt & black pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray each muffin cup with butter flavored cooking spray. Crack an egg into each cup. You can make as many or few eggs as desired.

Drizzle each egg with 1 tsp. of heavy cream. [a drizzle of margarine or butter will work, too] Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and sprinkle with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.

Place into the oven and cook 7-8 minutes for soft, 9-10 minutes for semi-soft and 11-12 minutes for hard centers. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Yield: 12 eggs

Cooks note:
For a nice variation, line the muffin cups with a piece of Canadian bacon, ham or a cooked sausage patty. For a vegetarian twist, a bed of spinach. Then crack the egg into the center and bake.
Kezza
Contributor
Contributor

Wow this sounds nice Deb, thanks for posting it ..... will try it for Mum and myself! hugsiciles
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

Image Image Image

I fixed the eggs Deb. So good!! :good:
3 posts Page 1 of 1