I would like tips for using coconut oil.

Share Recipé's and talk about cooking in here!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

I know that coconut oil is a real "super food". My coconut oil spends to much time just closed away in the kitchen cabinet. Please share how you use coconut oil. All recipes would be appreciated. If you don't use coconut oil take a look at what it can do for your health.
http://www.webpronews.com/coconut-oil-s ... ts-2014-03
AnitaBier
Supervisor
Supervisor

I love this site and she had many recommendations. My sister and I eat 2T of coconut oil a day.

http://thecoconutmama.com/

Do you have a facebook page Granny?
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Anita! That site looks great. :good: I will check it out! Do you just eat the 2 spoons full right out of the jar? :scratch:..... OMG I hope so because I just got up and ate some......maybe I should have :read: the site more first. Thanks a bunch! (sorry not doing facebook.)
AnitaBier
Supervisor
Supervisor

Yes, just out of the jar. I buy it by a 5 gal jug and use it every day and love it. I will share what I can with you since you are not on face book. Coconut mama posts on Facebook all the time, so I do tend to watch her facebook page more than I do to her site. I look forward to sharing coconut information with you.
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I didn't even know it came in 5 gallon size. Mine is a little pint, that was just taking up space in the cabinet. Thanks to you it will be going much faster.
AnitaBier
Supervisor
Supervisor

This is where I get my coconut oil

http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/

and I was wrong, I don't buy 5 gallons, it is 1 gallon lol sorry http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com ... /COEP1.php
I keep a jar of the oil near my stove and store the gallon in my "cellar" canning closet in the basement. My sister will also keep a jar on top of her expresso maker and it heats if enough that it is liquid. We eat it as a liquid. Much better than solid LOL
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I just get mine at the grocery store. I will check your site out. This is what mine looks like. I don't know if this is a good kind or not. It is all my grocery store has.

Thanks for the tip on keeping parted of it melted. I had not thought of that, going to give it a try. Have you ever used it instead of butter in cakes?
AnitaBier
Supervisor
Supervisor

That was the first jar I bought too. My sister told me about the other and I bought that one. What a difference. The jar you have smells and tastes very much like coconut and many times I wouldn't cook with it as I didn't want the coconut flavor. The next one I bought has no smell or much taste of coconut at all. Taste much like plain oil. I use this with everything I cook with now. It withstands higher heat where as the EEOV doesn't. Do you think yours has a powerful coconut flavor?
AnitaBier
Supervisor
Supervisor

9 Reasons To Keep Coconut Oil In Your Bathroom

1) Oil Pulling - Have you swished with coconut oil? Oil pulling is a traditional way to cleanse the mouth of bacteria. Start your day with oil pulling by swishing a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth. Try to swish for at least 10 minutes. If you can, swish up to 20 minutes. Learn more about oil pulling here.
2) Wash Your Face. It’s called oil cleansing and it’s amazing! It may sound strange but oil can actually help clean your face. I wash my face with coconut oil almost every night. Learn more about oil cleansing here.
3) Shave Your Legs . That’s right! Coconut oil is a girls best friend when it comes to shaving. If you want baby soft legs, rub a small amount of coconut oil on your legs before shaving.
4) Hair Treatment – Coconut oil helps reduce protein loss when used as a pre or post treatment. I swing towards pre-treating my hair by adding a 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil to the roots and work the oil down to the ends. I then leave the coconut oil on for an hour before rinsing.
5) Skin moisturizer. I use whipped coconut oil body butter almost daily! Coconut oil is known to help reduce scaring, stretch marks and prevent sagging skin. It’s a natural “miracle” cream! Try my whipped coconut oil body butter here.
6) Rash and Burn Cream. Coconut oil helps to sooth rashes and burns. I’ve witnessed this when my children have had diaper rashes. A small dab of coconut oil has always helped to reduce and even eliminate diaper rash.
7) Eye Makeup Remover. Another wonderful reason to have coconut oil on hand in the bathroom is for removing makeup! Wash your face and then use coconut oil to remove the remaining eye makeup.
8) Cuticle Treatment. Coconut oil does wonders for your nails! Massage your finger nails and toe nails with it as often as you like to help keep rugged cuticles tame. The anti-fungal properties of coconut oil are also helpful for keeping toes clear of fungal infections.
9) Frizz Tamer. Coconut oil is my go-to when I need to tame my daughters beautifully wild hair. Only use a small amount though. Too much coconut oil will leave your hair with an oily look.

http://thecoconutmama.com/2014/03/9-rea ... -bathroom/
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

The coconut oil I have taste very much like coconuts and it doesn't like high heat.
10 posts Page 1 of 1