Shortbread

Share Recipé's and talk about cooking in here!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fiona101550

Need a shortbread recipe if anyones got an old one I would appreciate it.
Fiona :scottie:
Kezza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Fiona,

Here is a receipe for you.........

SHORTBREAD

250g Butter, softened
1 Cup Icing Sugar
1 Cup Cornflour
2 Cups Plain Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted cornflour, flour and salt to a creamed mixture. Knead mixture and form into a long loaf measuring 5cm across and 2cm in deapth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. When required, cut into 1.5cm thick slices or less and place on a cold greased baking tray. Bake at 180oC for 15 - 20 mins. Keep a watch that it doesnt burn!!

Makes 24

Hope this is of help.....Kezza :eat:
Scottie
Contributor
Contributor

Fiona, I have some old cookbooks from home, some were my Grans but a bit outdated considering they give instructions on how to make your butter for the shortbread.

I can dig those out if you like and see if there is any variation to what they have to the online recipes.

My Gran, mum and aunties insisted the proper way to bake shortbread was not in the ingredients but the secret was the board, have it properly primed. I got all their boards so I could make a decent sshortbread. I have about a dozen, most with the Scottish Thistle and the Bluebells.

Forgot all about them as I don't think I have unpacked many boxes thinking I'd be back home by now.<big big sigh> So you can see how much shortbread I've made. It's easier to buy a tin at the market.
Fiona101550

thanks scottie
Fiona101550

thanks kezza :scottie:
Fiona101550

thanks for the replys.
6 posts Page 1 of 1