A Cookie Recipe a Week!

Share Recipé's and talk about cooking in here!
18 posts Page 1 of 2
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

I was having a discussion with some of the members the other day and it was brought up that I should post a cookie recipe a week from my huge golden book of over 350 recipes. Well here goes.

Diane

Hazelnut Rounds

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (125g) butter, softened 1/2 cup (150g) firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten 2/3 cup (100g) all purpose - (plain) flour
1/3 cup (50g) old fashioned rolled oats 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon salt
3 oz. (90g) white chocolate, coarsely chopped 3 oz. (90g) milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup (100g) coarsely chopped hazelnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C/gas4. Butter a cookie sheet. Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy. Add the egg, beating until just blended. Mix in the flour, oats, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the white and milk chocolates and hazelnuts. Drop teaspoons of the mixture 1/2 inch or 1cm apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until risen and craggy (rugged; harsh; rough), 10 - 15 minutes. Cool on the sheet until the cookies firm slightly. Transfer to racks and let cool completely.

I put in the definition of craggy because I didn't know what it meant and I'm a baker! lol Enjoy!
NannyMac
200 posts!
200 posts!

Good one Diane. Keep up the good work..............by the way, can these recipes be posted in the "Around the Kitchen" forum? Easier to find!
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't even think to put them there. I'll copy and paste them to a new one there. thanks nanny!
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

My 2nd installment is:

Chocky Road Cookies (caution: recipe contains peanuts)

Ingredients:
1 cup (250g) butter, softened 1 cup (200g) firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs 2-1/2 cups (375g) all purpose (plain) flour
1/2 cup (75g) unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk or milk
1 cup (150g) dry roasted peanuts 1 cup (180g) white chocolate chips
1 cup (180g) semisweet (dark) chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C/gas4). Butter two baking sheets. Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just combined after each addition. With mixer on low, gradually beat in the flour and cocoa powder, alternating with the buttermilk or milk. Stir in the peanuts and chocolate chips, mixing well to combine. Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until firm to the touch, 10 - 12 minutes, spacing well. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes: about 36 cookies
Preparation: 15 minutes

ENJOY!
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Chocolate Munchies

Ingredients:
1 cup (150g) all purpose (plain) flour 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup (125g) butter, softened
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar 1 large egg yolk
2 ounces (60g) semisweet (dark) chocolate, coarsely chopped

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350F (180C/gas4). Butter two cookie sheets. Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy. Add the egg yolk, beating until just blended. Mix in the dry ingredients. Drop teaspoons of the dough 1 inch (2.5cm) apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake until firm around the edges, 12 - 15 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Drizzle the tops with melted chocolate.

Makes: 25 - 30 cookies
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking 12 - 15 minutes
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Chewy Raisin Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (125g) vegetable shortening 1/2 cup (150g) firmly pack brown sugar
1 large egg 1 cup (180g) raisins
1/2 cup (125ml) water 2 cups (300g) all purpose (plain) flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup (50g) chopped walnuts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F (180C/gas4). Butter two baking sheets. Stir together the shortening and sugar in a medium bowl until well blended. Beat in the egg and add the raisins. Gradually stir in the water, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg,and walnuts until well mixed. Mix in the flour and baking soda. Drop tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.

Makes: about 36 cookies
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 - 12 minutes
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Zesty Cookies

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cup (275g) all purpose (plain) flour
1/3 cup (50g) rice flour
1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (60g) butter, softened
3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 F (190C /gas5). Butter two cookie sheets. Mix the all purpose and rice flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the egg and lemon zest, beating until just blended. Mix in the dry ingredients. Drop tablespoons of the dough 1 inch (2.5cm) apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake until pale gold, 8 - 10 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool.

Makes: 20 - 24 cookies
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 8 - 10 minutes
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

This recipe made my mouth water when I read it, so here goes! Enjoy! :eat:

Hazelnut and Oat Cookies

2 large egg whites
1/2 cup (100g) raw sugar (Demerara or Barbados)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (essence)
1/2 cup (75g) old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup (50g) finely ground hazelnuts (or any nuts you may want to replace them with)
1 tablespoon very finely chopped dried figs
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, removed from shell

Preheat the oven to 350F (180C/gas4). Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper. Beat the egg whites and 1 tablespoon of raw sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. With mixer at high speed, gradually add the remaining raw sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Use a large rubber spatula to fold in the vanilla, oats, hazelnuts, and figs.
Drizzle with the lemon juice and sprinkle with the zest. Drop teaspoons of the mixture 1 inch (2.5cm) apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds. Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool completely.

Makes: about 45 cookies
Preparation: 20 minutes
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

As the weather turns colder and by that I mean, HOLY COW COLD, I came across this recipe and thought you would like it.

Elephant Stew

1 medium sized elephant
2 rabbits
Salt and pepper

Cut elephant in bite-sized pieces. Add enough brown gravy to cover. Cook over kerosene fire about 4 weeks at 450 degrees F. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serves 3,800 people. If more people are expected, add 2 rabbits. Do this only if an emergency as most people don't like "hare" in their stew.

Are you laughing hysterically yet? I read this aloud to my Mom and couldn't finish for laughing so hard. Well this was after an entire day of shopping with my Mother. Maybe we were a bit silly but ENJOY anyway!

Diane
camcann

Just a qick glance before bed and what do I see but a new recipe. Have to check it out. Wow. Now can't get to sleep with visions of elephant stew in which I have to pick out the two hares so the stew will pass quality control. Two hares in how many gallons. UNending task. Thanks for the late night snack.
18 posts Page 1 of 2