A Cookie Recipe a Week!

Share Recipé's and talk about cooking in here!
18 posts Page 2 of 2
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Now I'm laughing even harder!!! Love the response......LOL
Griddy

I opened this thread and thought "mmmh, another cookie-recipe" . I read. I didn't believe my eyes ... and lol
The recipe and the response of camcann following. Great! LOL
KimmyRoo
Founder
Founder

Think it might taste like chicken!!
camcann

Those legs sticking straight up. Priceless. A good hearty belly laugh. Thanks
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely a killer laugh this thread has become! I will post a new cookie recipe tomorrow. I must sleep, long day!
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Well since it is officially winter, I will be putting up more cookie recipes as often as you want them. Private message me your opinions please. Tonight's recipe is a level one, whose ingredients you probably have in your home already. Enjoy!

Nutty Elevenses

3-1/4 cup (480 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup (250 g) butter, softened
1-1/2 cups (300 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1-1/2 tablespoons hot water
1 cup (100 g) coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup (180 g) raisins

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C/gas 4). Sparingly butter 3 cookie sheets. Mix the flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Beat the butter and brown sugar in the large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just blended after each addition. Stir in the baking soda mixture. Mix in the dry ingredients, walnuts, and raisins. Drop tablespoons of the dough 3 inches (8 cm) apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake until just golden at the edges, 8 - 10 minutes. Place on wire racks to cool.

Makes: about 50 cookies
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

I found this on Facebook and thought I would share it with you all.

How to figure out if a cookie is going to come out chewy or crunchy? By Angela Stompanato

All cookie recipes provide clues to the final result. It's all in the butter, shortening and sugar ratios. All butter recipes tend to produce a thin and crispy cookie. All-shortening recipes yield a soft, plumpish cookie. Brown sugar also helps produce a soft cookie. If you want a crisp cookie on the outside and a chewy-soft cookie on the inside, go for a mix of butter and shortening - and a combo of brown and white sugar. What a super soft cookie cakey cookie? Skip the butter and use all shortening and all brown sugar.
The science behind it has to do with the fact that butter melts faster than shortening, so - in a hot oven- butter cookies spread more quickly and so they are thinner and crispier than shortening-based cookies.

Happy Baking!

Diane
melissa25

I will try that recipe and i am really excited about it because of my new baking equipment that i bought in Helsinki it seem that my new baking equipment will use for this recipe and my other recipe.
18 posts Page 2 of 2