Whats your Favourite Meal???

Share Recipé's and talk about cooking in here!
17 posts Page 2 of 2
NannyMac
200 posts!
200 posts!

Hi Deb, your definition of biscuits is different to here in Australia. Our biscuits are your cookies, so what type of "biscuits" do you have with your chicken and mash? Do you have a favourite recipe for the "biscuits"? Are they like a bread roll?
Debbie from VA

Yes, its a type of bread. Recipe below:
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1 cup buttermilk
5 Tablespoons of Shortening
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda

Sift dry ingredients together and gradually add the buttermilk until mixture is a dough consistency. If too wet, add a little more flour. I use my hands to mix instead of a mixer. Place dough on floured surface and knead. I only knead 5 or 6 times, over kneading makes biscuits heavy and not fluffy and light. Flour a rolling pin and roll dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness, dip cutter in flour and cut through dough. You can also use a round cookie cutter or a glass. Place on biscuits on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 425 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until tops and bottoms are brown. Enjoy.
caddy79
Contributor
Contributor

i'm gona be different ,my favorite breakfast is : home fried potatoes,bacon,eggs,white toast,and are ya ready for this ??? coca cola :eat: there i go again made myself hungry :wacko:
Ozgood13

Roasted chicken with roasted veggies. Mashed potatoes and gravy with fresh buttered corn bread.
tatt2crazy

Easy....I love turkey manhattans...yummy Second favorite is PIZZA
Sherriella
Contributor
Contributor

in our household . . everyone will say something different that's their favorite . . the boys love Italian (lasagne or chicken sausage with pepper/basil) . . but we all love homemade steak sandwiches like I did the other night . . . or our great winter dish "after ski dish" which we've changed to "after geocaching" . . my mothers Round Bread Casserole . . good with a salad! There's too many to choose and too many pickey ones in my family LOL . . .enjoy!!
DianeMNUSA
Contributor
Contributor

My favorite meal is a hodge podge of seafood cooked Maine style all in the same pot! King crab legs, steamers, clams, and of course a lobster! What a feast!
17 posts Page 2 of 2