Pumpkin Karla-Kim

Share Recipé's and talk about cooking in here!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
KimmyRoo
Founder
Founder

Karla and I have created a new dish to accompany the best of any meal..

This is how we did it..
Go to your fruit market and ask them to cut the pumpkin of your choice in half ( we figured they have the bigger knife so why not)

Take a photo of your favorite frog on top of the pumpkin as this will inspire the cooking process..

Remember to spice it up as this will give the end result a good kick

Go take some pics of your self and a close friend

Scoop the insides out of the Pumpkin and be sure to have your friend do this while you are enjoying a good beer

Cut up all the fresh vegetables of your choice... we chose Carrots, Beans, Onions, Broccoli, Yellow button Squash, Mushrooms, Red Capsicum, whole garlic cloves (though roast these separately before you mix them in with the veges),
zucchini and the best ingredient of all was picked due to Kezza "The Brussel Sprout"!!!!

Enjoy your Brussel Sprouts!

Be sure to get loads of colours in your bowl!

Season your veges and add a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Notice we added Blanched Tomatoes and be sure to see the gloss of all the fresh veges in the bowl..

Toss the Vegetables in their bowl and have another beer..

Brussel Sprout wanted heads up after getting tossed!

Go outside and take a brilliant pic of a cockatoo watching us prepare dinner

Take the Pumpkin and add all or as many as you can fit in, vegetables into the hollow. Make sure you pre season the pumpkin with a good salt and pepper and olive oil.

Place the prepared Pumpkin into a baking dish and surround with Potatoes. We added the baked potatoes half way through the baking process. Cooking at 180C in a preheated oven we guessed it would take One hour to cook nicely.. add half an hour to our informal guess and you should get a nice meal.. :D

When your Pumpkin Karla-Kim is cooked (stick a fork in and there should be no resistance) turn the oven off. Congratulate yourself for a good job well done the add a good grated Parmesan cheese mixed with a nice matured Tasty cheese. Place back into the oven where the residue heat will melt your cheese.

Check it out...Karla and Kim did this together

Get excited to sit and share this with Friends and Family.. lol I know I was excited.. LOL

Sit down and serve this with anything you like....we had Roo Steak and Lamb chops

Cut it like a cake to serve

Cooked to perfection on the Barbie... Kangaroo Steak

Then go for a walk and create a funny skit to work off the belly

Hope you enjoyed our yummy dish Pumpkin Karla-Kim
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...... that looks so good. granny
Kezza
Contributor
Contributor

Ummmmm .....Passss.....got SPROUTS in it....EWWWWWW :bad: .......LOL LOL
TomOfLilhouse
Administrator
Administrator

The beer looks fantastic. Oh Liz liked all the vegetables....lol
wordybirdy
Supervisor
Supervisor

You guys are genius...that looked amazingly good, and healthy (if you leave off the cheese) Roasted vegies are a revelation! Unfortunately I will have to wait for November as we have no pumpkins in our stores at this time! Thanks for posting...loved the photos, skits and funny commentary...you guys make cooking look fun!
AnitaBier
Supervisor
Supervisor

Can't wait to make this recipe Sunday 12 Aug. I miss Oz what a comfort food this is for me
wordybirdy
Supervisor
Supervisor

Thanks for reminding me of this dish...looks good. I could probably find a squash big enough to do this...no pumpkins and probably because it is so dry this summer, we will not have many in the stores. You mentioned you are going to make this Aug 12..will you by chance be back in Oz visiting Kim? I hope you get back there soon. Take care and keep the skies friendly!
AnitaBier
Supervisor
Supervisor

OH how I wish I was back in OZ Wordy, but no such luck. I will be home when I make this dish
8 posts Page 1 of 1