Greetings from Lilburn, GA, USA

Introduce yourself to the community!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Lilburn, GA, USA, and have 2 galahs Hannah and Harry as well as two cockatiels. We have several hundred reptiles, mainly turtles, but also lizards and snakes.
wordybirdy
Supervisor
Supervisor

Welcome RB2sMom...we are glad you are here. Several of our members have birds and other creatures...like turtles!
We have fun here so please come often. You might want to post some pics of your animals in the forums. We love seeing them.
tiellover
Contributor
Contributor

Hi RB2sMom,

Sorry I couldn't stay and chat with you today. I'm swamped right now with work and other things. Well, this is amazing - I have a galah, three cockatiels, and a box turtle!! Several hundred reptiles? Wow!! That must be a lot of work. Any box turtles? I love turtles.

Are your galahs a mated pair or just friends? They're great birds, as you know. I'm also quite partial to cockatiels, as I guess you are too!

So nice to have you here at BYGC! I promise we'll chat more next time I see you!

Cheers,

galahmom :gm:
MarieandChirpy

Hello and Welcome

As you can see I am a fellow Cockatiel owner.
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

More specifically our galahs are buddies right now in adjacent cages. Hannah who is 11 is very dominant over younger Harry who is 6 and has tried to attack him, so they are housed separately. They are let out several times a day together on an indoor gym or screened porch in neutral territory where they get along supervised. Our cockatiels are geriatric rescues. We have a reptile rescue and yes, we do have box turtles. My husband is retired US Fish & Wildlife and I am retired from the CDC as a microbiologist. We do rehab and education with our animals and try to place them in responsible places.
AussieAl
Administrator
Administrator

G'Day RB2sMom,

Welcome to BYGC. I have 11 budgies (a little cold at the moment) and 2 cockatiels. One cockatiel is in the aviary with the budgies, the other is in the house with us, lol . I recently adopted the indoor bird from friends of friends who didn't want him anymore. He's good company, occasionally we have a great sing-a-long together. LOL

Hope we'll chat soon.

Al. :LOTT:
KimmyRoo
Founder
Founder

G'day RB2sMom and welcome to BYGCam :diane: :welcome:

Take your time to look around and join in conversations both in forums and chat!
Pleasure to have you here :-)
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to all and thanks so much to you Peacheyroo for hosting this cam. My only regret is that I did not find it sooner and had more time to watch with the time difference in our country. I have been to your country 3 times. The best was in 1986 when we did a wildlife trek from Cairnes to Brisbane to Sidney to Melbourne. We saw galahs going from an area outside of Brisbane to a retreat up in the mtns. We have two galahs and several tiels plus some blue tongued skinks and Australian turtles.
8 posts Page 1 of 1