my biggest craft.

Chat about and show off your favorite arts and crafts!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
MableShortt
200 posts!
200 posts!

This is the biggest craft I ever tackled. Took me 3 years to complete it. A cathedral window quilt . I've done lots of other small stuff but this was the biggee...
crosstich21
Contributor
Contributor

AWW Mable, how beautiful, I've always wanted to try quilting. Thank you so much for sharing :good: :yahoo: :rose:
MableShortt
200 posts!
200 posts!

Cross I have made other quilts but this one was the one and only like this. This thing was cut and folded then stitched by hand . It was said that when you completed the last square the quilt was complete. But I decided it needed to look a little more finished so I added the ruffle . I made it for my daughter for a queen size bed but she never used it until she got a king sized bed and she added another dust ruffle to it so it would fit this bed it's on. I won't ever tackle another one like this one but might make a pieced quilt one day.
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

Mable what a wonderful quilt! :-) Thank you so much for sharing. :clapping: Wish I could do that! :( Granny
Kezza
Contributor
Contributor

Wow Mable what a beautiful quilt, and all hand made! It will be something for your daughter to treasure, and heaps better than one from the shop because it was made with love....Well done :good: :clapping:
caddy79
Contributor
Contributor

WOW !!! Mable,my mom used to quilt but never taught me. :cray: I always wanted to do it but never had the nerve to try.THAT IS BEAUTIFUL !!! You have talent that I was never given ( musta been behind the door when the talent was passed out ) lol But that is something to cherish.Thanks for sharing.
MableShortt
200 posts!
200 posts!

these are roses made from folding Maple leaves back in the fall.
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

Great roses Mable!!
Kezza
Contributor
Contributor

Wow Mable they are wonderful, you are very talented! :good: :clapping: :rose:
9 posts Page 1 of 1