Old Hands Made

Chat about and show off your favorite arts and crafts!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
caddy79
Contributor
Contributor

Even though my hubby is legally blind,he cut every angle on this hall ,I have worked with him to make sure it is right and done all the sanding, finishing and helped with the cutting and laying it on the floor.I am posting this as a tribute to Kerry (Kezza ) ,she was always so appreciative of the work we do and just could'nt wait to see the hall .I was really disapointed that we didn't get it done before she passed.I know she is in heaven just waiting on me to post it so she can see .So Kezza this is for you and all of my friends here at BYGC :hug:

This is put together in the garage and taken apart and numbered then layed on the floor in the hallImage

Acie just making sure its juuussst right LOL

after rolling on it "Yep guys I think it will work"

First two down

This is the finish product ,but sorry I have such a shiny finish on it the pic doesn't take too well and do not have the right camera but maybe you can get the idea.
Hope you enjoyed
caddy79
Contributor
Contributor

MableShortt
200 posts!
200 posts!

NO WONDER You and Harold have had leg and back problems . Just one of those octagons would be more than I could handle. You both do great work. Now you can just sit back and enjoy it.It is beautiful...
AussieAl
Administrator
Administrator

That's absolutely fantastic, Caddy.
I've alway liked timber floors, we have polished pine in our living room, kitchen and hallway.
The craftsmanship and skill (and patience) involved in your floor are magnificent.
Well done to Hubby and yourself.
...and yes, Kezza will be nodding her head and smiling in approval.

Al. hugsiciles
Rick
Founder
Founder

Amazing work by you both once again, I remember when you did the step down living room floor which is equally amazing.

Not many people can make their own floor from scratch and even fewer can do it as well as you and hubby.

Congratulations to you both! I know Kezza would definitely approve of it.
Bruce
Administrator
Administrator

Wonderfull job, I'm glad Acie approves lol and I'm sure Kezz would too :hug:

Thanks for the pics Caddy :)
Granny
Contributor
Contributor

The floor is beautiful Caddy!! :clapping: You and Harold did a wonderful job. Give Acie a extra pet for helping. :-) Thanks so much for the pictures! The hall looks so good with the living room. That pattern would make a beautiful table. Great work. Kerry would definitely think it was great. :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1