Computer Virus

Have a problem with your computer, TV or other electronic? Get help here!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
7grandsons
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email today titled - UPS Tracking Number. Since I have a package scheduled to be shipped to me today, I opened the email. When the email opened my screen looked like fireworks with all of my security programs sending out warnings. By the time I got everything closed my computer had been hit by 5 malwares. I think we got them all but my system is running slower than usual so I think I may have to dig a little deeper to see what may have been left behind.

SOOOO!!! If you get an email titled UPS Tracking Number. Be very careful!!

Blessings to all!
Mary Ellen
Sadie
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for warning us
KimmyRoo
Founder
Founder

Download the free version of this http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

run it at least once a week and update it before every run you perform. This program is highly recommended and runs well in conjunction with your anti virus programs.

This will help any issues :good:
7grandsons
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info. Will do!!!
TomOfLilhouse
Administrator
Administrator

I keep Malwarebytes on a flash (thumb) drive and use it to fix many a friends computers. Best free malware software there is.
7grandsons
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for suggesting malwarebytes!!! I ran the program. It took an hour and 45 minutes and found 6 items. All 6 were Spyware Passwords. Am now going to research and find out where I go from here.

Again thank you for sharing this information with me.

M.E.
7grandsons
Contributor
Contributor

Just received an email from a friend of mine and his computer was hit by this virus. Only he went a step further than I did and opened the attachment in the email. Crashed his computer. Now in the shop being cleaned up at a cost of $120. He had to buy an external hd at $60 to move his programs and files to while they cleaned his computer. And after that is done he will have to go in and see what he has lost and what he has to rebuild.

Makes me realize how lucky I was that my security programs started "yelling" at me immediately! And that I listened. Especially since I don't always do what I'm told!

So again beware of the UPS Tracking Numbers email.

Blessings! M.E.
RustyMtl

This was a bad one. Thus far I have had about an even dozen of these UPS and other 'notices' hit my mailbox in the last three weeks. I was NOT expecting anything and noticed it seemed to have a lot of cc attached so I did not open any of them. I'm just wondering where my e-mail addy got hijacked. It might be related to that big hack at... hm, I forget the name. Anyhow it always pays to look very carefully at all the circumstances before hitting that (or any) link. ATB!
8 posts Page 1 of 1