Web Cameras

Have a problem with your computer, TV or other electronic? Get help here!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
7grandsons
Contributor
Contributor

My father is 89 years young! Mom is 85 years wise! This April they celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary!!!!

As a gift to them, I would like to get a webcam so they can share in the lives of their 3 children, 7 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren.

I have been online doing research on the webcams that are available and it is like trying to choose from a menu for Chinese food!

I would really appreciate any suggestions, ideas, pros/cons, etc.... that you can give me.

I have a Dell PC with Vista and am using a Samsung monitor/tv.

Thank you so much for your help!

Blessings,
Mary Ellen
Rick
Founder
Founder

I and others here would absolutely recommend a Logitech webcam, they are the best available we have found. The webcam for the cam here is a Logitech webcam pro 9000, this is last generation tech now but still very good and not much comes close to it.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-co ... vices/6333

Logitechs newer range with their C910 webcam is pretty good and can do full 1080p High Definition but the only downfall is it's software. But as your parents will use it inside it will be fine for them. We've found the C910 to not work quite so well outside as when it's cloudy everything looks a little blue/purple. This is due to white balance, these issues should not be seen inside.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-co ... vices/6816

Don't buy the webcams directly from Logitech however, as they charge quite a bit more than stores do, you may find a good deal!
caddy79
Contributor
Contributor

:friends:
Hello there, I am very sorry I can't help you ,I know absultly nothing about cameras or puters, lol ,But I want wish your parents a very" HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ",and many more.
THANK YOU for coming in chat and giving your condolence about my daughters step son.They are doing OK, but thats about all,the funeral in Sat.so thats going to be the next hardest day.But thank you soooo much for doing that for us,it is greatly appreciated. :rose: Caddy 79
7grandsons
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Rick!!! My mom already loves your Dover Cam and the Backyard Galah Cam! When I walk by her office, I can hear the too's and galahs and she's just talking away to them. Especially when Billie shows up. Funny she talks to traffic the same way when she is driving!

Who knows maybe she will be the next grannycam!

Again, thanks so much for the information. M.E.
7grandsons
Contributor
Contributor

Caddy,
Thank you so much for the warm words and anniversary blessings! Nice way to start off the day.

I will be sending you a pm.

Blessings,
M.E.
Rick
Founder
Founder

7grandsons wrote:
Thank you Rick!!! My mom already loves your Dover Cam and the Backyard Galah Cam! When I walk by her office, I can hear the too's and galahs and she's just talking away to them. Especially when Billie shows up. Funny she talks to traffic the same way when she is driving!

Who knows maybe she will be the next grannycam!

Again, thanks so much for the information. M.E.
That is fantastic! It is so good that your mum is enjoying the entertainment that we provide with our cams!

I would like to extend Caddy's well wishes for your parents' 65th wedding anniversary, that is an excellent amount of time to be married!

Have a good day,

Rick
7grandsons
Contributor
Contributor

Mom and dad grew up in the same small town. Her brother and my dad were best friends and she said they were always mean to her. So she decided to pay him back - she married him - and sentenced him to life!!!
7 posts Page 1 of 1