Camera Questions

Have a problem with your computer, TV or other electronic? Get help here!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
RustyMtl

At present all my video cameras are analog - and I don't have a decent AD converter. Looking at the 9000 series of digital cameras I find two things missing in their specifications. First. how weather resistant is the camera? Second, and more important for my location (Canada) is how well does it operate in below freezing temperatures? Two of my analog cameras loose sync when the temperature drops to about 0C, but the third one (X-10) keeps on working even down to -30C. Thank you for any info or experience you can share along those lines.

ATB! RustyMtl :hello:
TomOfLilhouse
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Rustymtl. The Pro 9000 is a camera meant for indoor use but it can be used outdoors as long as you keep it from being directly contacted by rain. I have 4 cameras, all Pro 9000 series outdoors. They run 24/7 365 days a year. They have no problems in sub freezing temps. If you use the link in my signature, you will see my cams and there is a link to the left of the chat on my page that says "About Cams". There I have pictures of 3 of my cam setups.

FYI, the cam on Cam 2 on my site has been knocked into and sunk in my koi pond on two different occasions. I just pulled it out, shook all the water out and dried it out using a light bulb. It still works. It's my oldest cam. 3 years old I think.

Tom
RustyMtl

Thanks Tom, thats the answer I needed. I will head over to have a look at your olace in a bit.

ATB! RustyMtl :clapping:
3 posts Page 1 of 1