Yard in bloom

Chat about gardening, plants, flowers and other backyard/garden things in here!
RB2sMom
Supervisor
Supervisor

Post March 5th, 2019, 12:41 am

These are a few shots of spring blooming in my yard from years past. These same items are blooming now, but too much rain and cold weather to photo. I love the daffodils with the orange centers. We have a number of cherry, peach, apple trees planted by our tortoises and turtles when the poop; they eat the fruit and the hydrochloric acid in their guts digest the outer part of the seed which is "planted" when they poop on the ground. Also we have cleaned out our bluebird boxes and other bird boxes in preparation for nesting; we thought that they might like to use nesting material already there, but the experts say to clean them out as the birds will not reuse them as putting nest material in the boxes is part of the courtship and bonding before laying eggs, though they might pick up old materials and put back in the box....go figure.
RB2sMom Image Hannah Image Harry
joiibear
Contributor
Contributor

Post March 5th, 2019, 4:27 am

🌸 Beautiful, RB 🔆 very sunny looking :D
vanislander
Supervisor
Supervisor

Post March 7th, 2019, 6:58 am

Very cheerful, RB. Love the colours. I miss seeing daffodils - ours have vanished over the years. Not sure why - I am told deer don't eat them.

Hopefully we'll catch up with you soon. Things are so late after our record cold February weather, but I can see our almond blossoms starting to open. We are also seeing snowdrops, which are very late, and violets ...