Hello from Rome, Italy!

Introduce yourself to the community!
Neophema_guy

Post October 26th, 2011, 10:54 am

Hello everyone!
I'm a 28 guy from Rome, Italy. Since I was a little kid I'm in love with birds, especially parrots, so i started very young to keep some of them. Right now i don't like too much to see them in cages or aviaries, i prefer to see them free in their original habitat or I would like to have them as free pets. I really love chickens and ducks too.
Australian species are always been my favourite, of course, you can say it by my nickname. I love grassparakeets, rosellas, cockatiels, lorikeets and COCKATOOS. One of my childhood dreams is to visit your country and maybe live there, why not.
What can i say about Italy wild birds?! We got pretty different species, but in Rome we have many, MANY ring-necked parakeets and monk parakeets, they are almost common like sparrows and seagulls nowadays. I think that the first specimen escaped from aviaries or from the zoo and increased the population in just a couple of decades.
I adore and enjoy your cams!
Bruce
Administrator
Administrator

Post October 26th, 2011, 5:40 pm

G'day mate, Welcome to BYGC and OZ in general come visit us whenever! lol
AnitaBier
Supervisor
Supervisor

Post October 27th, 2011, 1:46 am

Welcome Neophema_guy, very glad you found Peacheyroo's backyard. BYGC is a very friendly place to come relax, watch the beautiful parrots of Oz and chat. Nice to have meet you and look forward to chatting again soon :rose: :friends:
wordybirdy
Supervisor
Supervisor

Post October 28th, 2011, 12:46 am

Ciao,

So glad that you found the BYGC! You will see the birds that you love in the wild and bonus, get to talk to some people from around the world...who are in the wild too!!! Just kidding, but we do have fun here. I look forward to meeting you soon.
MarieandChirpy

Post October 28th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Welcome to the boards

How's life in Rome?
tiellover
Contributor
Contributor

Post October 28th, 2011, 1:04 pm

Ciao Neophema,

Love the name! So many beautiful grass parakeets. Do you have a favorite? I'm looking forward to chatting with you! I hope you get to meet maxfromitaly also - your compatriot!

Cheers,

galahmom

:gm:
Neophema_guy

Post November 3rd, 2011, 8:05 am

Rome is beautiful, life is good here for students, but when you start workin' it's pretty stressing, because it's not a well organized city. And for sure it's not young and open-minded like other european big cities.
My fav grass parakeet is probably Scarlet chested parakeet (Neophema splendida), but i like them all!
MarieandChirpy

Post November 8th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Not too much into other birds, but I love Cockatiels.