RIP Newton..... my Savannah Cat

Chat about your favourite birds, pets or animals in the wild.
Diane_IllinoisUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Post April 17th, 2018, 4:10 am

It was a sad weekend for me......The weather even made it worse Saturday night 4/14/18. It was snowing and very cold out. I had to rush my savannah cat to the emergency animal hospital when I noticed his lower jaw was swelled up alot and bleeding. He had an appointment for dental work this Tuesday4/17/18 at the animal hospital he goes to because his mouth inside didn't look good, but didn't make that appointment. :( They told me something I did't want to hear at the emergency hospital....His lower jaw was fractured and had cancer. It was really hard to say goodbye that night...and I will always miss him. RIP Newton..... September 5, 2004- April 14, 2018 I can post some pics of him if I remember how too....haven't done it in awhile.... :(
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Post April 17th, 2018, 5:47 am

So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat, Diane. Sounds like you had Newton a long time and he lived a long and loving life with you. It had to be hard to hear the Diagnosis and have the courage to do the right thing and put your friend at peace.

We would love to see some pictures. We used to post them with Photobucket, but now they charge to post into 3rd party venues. A lot of us are using Imgur, thanks to our tech guru Rick telling us about it. I think he has the basics on how to do this posted in the forums somewhere. But here is a copy of what I use by the computer when wanting to post a picture into chat:

Click on the website https://imgur.com/
Click “new post”, Browse OR alternatively drag and drop images from your computer onto website, Hover over the image that was uploaded and click the down arrow that appears, Then click “Get Share Links”, Click on “Copy” under BBCode, paste directly into chat box or post
RB2sMom Image Hannah Image Harry
joiibear
Contributor
Contributor

Post April 17th, 2018, 6:38 am

So very sorry to hear the sad news about Newton, Diane. Sending big hugs for you and your furry family 🌻
Diane_IllinoisUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Post April 18th, 2018, 3:37 am

Thank you Joii and RB2 for your thoughts and kind words. :rose: I'll try to figure how this Imgur works, but it seems confusing for me and my husband to post pics on here of Newton. My husband says he never heard of Imgur..... I hope we can do it.....I do have another younger male Savannah that will be 2 in September named Zoen and a Seal point Himalayan and 3 domestic short hair cats that keep me going and I love them! :)
RB2sMom
Contributor
Contributor

Post April 18th, 2018, 7:51 am

Wow Diane, you have a lot of cats, like we have a lot of turtles, but just two birds. But I know every one is precious to you. I am sure that the rest of your furry family will be of support as you deal with this sad event.

Below Rick posted a step by step way to post pictures with Imgur: https://backyardgalahcam.com.au/viewtop ... 828#p81828

RB2sMom Image Hannah Image Harry